Chemical Guys Cyclone Dirt Trap Car Wash Bucket Insert
Why Buy This Product?
- Helps keep your wash water clean while you wash
- Helps protect vehicle’s delicate finishes
- It belongs in your bucket
- Traps dirt at the bottom of bucket, filtering fresh water to the top
- Reduces swirls and scratches caused by improper washing
- Fits snugly at bottom of bucket for maximum dirt capture and scratch-reduction effects
- Stackable protection: stack in line or rotated 90° to enhance dirt cyclone and filter action
- Perfect for 3 gallon, 4 gallon, 5 gallon, 6 gallon, and 7 gallon wash buckets
- Dirt Trap Cyclones funnel and separate dirt away from wash water
- Cleans mitts, brushes, towels and other washing utensils
- Cyclone Scrub Ridge around every funnel agitates dirt from wash mitt and directs it directly through funnel
- Cleaner wash water reduces chances of scratching sensitive paintwork during a wash
- Geometric Filtering System strikes the perfect balance of funnel size, placement, and volume to maximise filtering effect
- Tailored for perfect fit and superior filtration in any car wash bucket
- No moving parts; No disposable filters; No maintenance
- Fits snugly in any standard 12’’ diameter bucket; product measures 10 5/16 inches in diameter
- Comes in multiple colours to avoid cross contamination between paint, wheel, and pad cleaning buckets
- Does not include a bucket. Need a bucket? Check out the Chemical Guys Detailing Bucket
How To Use:
- Use the two bucket method to reduce swirls and scratches with every car wash
- Fill each bucket with 4 – 5 gallons of clean water
- Press the Dirt Trap firmly into the bucket until it sits flush and snugly at the bottom
- Add 1 – 3 ounces of your favourite Chemical Guys car wash soap in the wash bucket
- Rinse car well to remove large particles and loose debris
- Dunk car wash mitt into the soap solution bucket, then wash the vehicle top to bottom one panel at a time
- Dunk the dirty mitt in the rinse bucket and scrub directly onto the Cyclone Scrub Ridges to agitate dirt from the mitt
- Wring mitt out on the ground to flush out any loose dirt
- Dunk mitt back in soap bucket and continue to wash car
- Rinse off both sides of Dirt Trap and store in cool dry place between uses
About Cyclone Dirt Trap
The Cyclone Dirt Trap bucket insert sits at the bottom of your bucket while you wash filtering water non-stop. It’s the filter that never stops. The cyclone Dirt Trap help eliminates wash swirls and scratches with Cyclone Dirt-Trap Filtration Technology. The round wash screen separates abrasive dirt and silt from clean and soapy wash water with scores of cyclonic dirt funnels. Separating dirt from clean and soapy water keeps abrasive debris off the wash mitt, and therefore off the paintwork for a scratch-less car wash. Traditional wash baffles use large vertical screens or disposable mesh filters in an attempt to separate dirt from water, which always ends up cloudy with loose contamination and abrasive filth. These designs are defeated by the mere act of dunking the mitt into the bucket, which pushes and pulls water and dirt straight through the vertical openings of the poorly-designed screens. The cyclone funnels of the Dirt Trap separate dirt through centripetal force and push it through tiny holes underneath the wash screen. The dirt remains trapped underneath the funnels and cannot easily flow back up through the tips once the mitt is pulled out from the water. The one way Cyclone Filtration system is a passive filter that never needs replacing and does not rely on moving parts, no disposable filters, and requires no maintenance or energy to set up, use, or store.
Simply place a Dirt Trap at the bottom of the soap bucket and rinse bucket to keep the wash mitt and water free of the dirt removed off the vehicle. While other wash screens fit loosely and float because of lightweight materials, the Dirt Trap uses a tailored fit and dense plastic to fit snugly at the bottom of any standard bucket, and stay there for maximum filtration. Use the Dirt Trap with the two-bucket wash method and foam gun to dramatically reduce the amount of dirt floating in the water and the abrasive action on sensitive paint that causes swirls and scratches. Choose the Dirt Trap for every wash, and maintain a scratch-free shine on any car, truck, motorcycle, SUV, or RV.
How It Works: Cyclone Dirt Trap Technology
Cyclones funnel and separate dirt away from wash water. The wash guard uses nearly 300 cyclone funnels to separate abrasive dirt and debris from car wash water. Keeping the dirt already washed away from the car reduces the chances of installing swirls and scratches caused by scrubbing with abrasive dirt. Traditional car wash strainers use large open screens and vertical fins in an attempt to hold dirt at the bottom of a wash bucket. However, the mere act of dunking the dirty wash mitt in and out of the bucket pushes and pulls any dirt and debris straight up through the screen and back into the clean water. This traps the dirt already washed off the car in the mitt, and causes abrasive scratching action on the next cleaning pass. The small funnels of the Dirt Trap create cyclonic flow down through the tiny tip of each funnel, spinning heavier dirt particles out of the water through intense centripetal force. The textured underside and small holes of the screen act as a one-way valve: dirt is pushed through the funnels with cyclonic force, but it gets trapped underneath the guard and cannot easily flow back up into the water when the wash mitt is withdrawn. Use the Dirt Trap in each wash and rinse bucket to minimise the chances of scratching and swirling paintwork during any car wash or full detail.
Advanced Geometric Filtering System
297 geometrically-positioned dirt trap cyclones deliver optimal filtration. Maximising dirt capture and water flow in a wash bucket takes a great deal of engineering. Place too many holes, and the cones become too small to let any dirt particles through. Install too few cones, and the holes end up being big enough to allow particles to flow back up into the clean wash water. The Dirt Trap’s unique Geometric Filtering System strikes the perfect balance between cone size, dirt aperture diameter, funnel pitch, and strategic placement for maximum particle capture. The Dirt Trap is the future of car wash bucket filter technology, and will save car owners from installing billions of tiny swirls and scratches with every car wash.
Uni-Directional Filtration: Keeps Dirt Trapped Under The Filter And Off Your Car
Uni-Directional Filtration keeps dirt trapped under the Cyclones to reduce scratches, swirls, and paint damage caused during washing. Old world wash screens allow water and dirt to flow through vertically. Whenever a mitt is dunked into the bucket, the downward force pushes water and dirt down past the screen, but it also pushes any settled dirt back up straight into the cleaner water of the bucket. The textured underside and small holes of the Dirt Trap screen act as a one-way valve: dirt is pushed through the cyclone funnels and is trapped underneath the guard where it cannot flow back into the clean water. The Uni-Directional Filtration of the Dirt Trap keeps dirt away from cleaner wash water and off the wash mitt to drastically reduce the chances of installing swirls and scratches on any vehicle during a wash.
Stackable And Versatile For Advanced Car Wash Scratch Protection
The Dirt Trap car wash bucket insert protects vehicles in more ways than one. Put one Dirt Trap insert in each wash and rinse bucket to trap abrasive dirt and debris away from the cleaner wash water. Stack two Dirt Traps in line to double the cyclonic effect in each funnel and pull more dirt out from the wash water. Rotate one Dirt Trap 90°, then stack to stagger the Dirt Trap Cyclones, trapping dirt particles beneath a more complex route through which it would have to back flow. Scrub used compound and paint residue from buffing and polishing pads with the Cyclone Scrub Ridges of the Dirt Trap insert to restore full cut and correction power on any foam or microfibre buffing pad. The uses for the Dirt Trap go far beyond a mere grit guard for a car wash bucket. Protect your car’s shine and reflection at every step with the Dirt Trap car wash bucket insert.
Tailored For Superior Fit And Results
Cheaper car wash screens fit loosely at best and are not dense enough to stay beneath the water. After a couple dunks in the bucket, you’ll find these wash screens floating up with the bubbles, or crammed sideways awkwardly letting water and dirt flow freely by. The Dirt Trap is tailored to fit snugly at the bottom of any car wash bucket for superior filtration and dirt stopping power. Plastic wash buckets flex and swell once filled with water, changing the shape and internal dimensions. The Dirt Trap is specifically engineered to stick snugly at the bottom of a full wash bucket. Sticking the screen at the bottom of the bucket ensures proper water flow down through the Dirt Trap Cyclones, separating dirt and abrasive particles from the cleaner water in the rinse and wash buckets. The Dirt Trap even sticks down when pulling out the wash mitt, helping to trap dirt particles underneath the Dirt Trap Cyclone funnels and the textured underside of the wash screen. Pair up the Dirt Trap with the Heavy Duty Detailing Bucket for superior fit and results at every car wash.
Enhanced Scrubbing Action Keeps Wash Mitts Clean
Every bucket insert is moulded with Cyclone Scrub Ridge rings around every dirt cyclone funnel. Rub the wash mitt directly on the Dirt Trap to scrub and agitate any embedded dirt and grime from the wash fibres, then funnel and trap it directly underneath the insert. The Cyclone Scrub Ridges are designed with the perfect grip and height to work with any chenille, microfibre, or natural lambswool car wash mitt, natural car wash sea sponge, or boars hair wash brush. The ridges are gentle on natural and manmade fibres, and will not tear apart or destroy any car wash mitt, sponge, or brush. Knock dirt, dust, grease, and grime off the car wash mitt with the scrubbing ridge, then funnel it directly down underneath the bucket insert to trap it away from the cleaner water in the bucket. Adding the Dirt Trap to the two bucket method reduces the chances of installing any swirls or scratches during a normal wash dramatically. Keep wash mitts, wash water, and any painted automotive finish cleaner and scratch-free with the Chemical Guys Dirt Trap car wash bucket insert.